online musical theatre creative summit!
find new ideas and new collaborators
ABOUT THE CREATIVE SUMMIT:
Saturday, February 15 and Saturday, February 22 from 10am to 4pm
In February, New Musicals Inc. is hosting an Online Musical Theatre Creative Summit. Bookwriters, Composers, and Lyricists all get together online to create ideas for new musicals, and for new collaborations. Here’s just some of what we’ll be doing together:
- bookwriters, composers, lyricists come together to brainstorm new ideas for musicals
- Speed-dating with new collaborators (during the summit itself)
- Slow-dating with new collaborators (between Saturdays, and after the summit)
- Insider tips on effective brainstorming and idea generating
- Creative breakout rooms you can duck in and out of
- We’ll match-make you with at least three collaborators; on your own, you can reach out to everyone in the summit
- We’ll give you access to a curated list of hundreds short stories, plays, novellas and plot summaries for inspiration, plus listings for thousands more
- Can’t get the rights to your favorite book or movie? We’ll show you how and what to adapt, so you won’t need any rights
- It’s all online; join us from anywhere on the planet. All you need is a webcam and your creativity.
Open the tabs to view more detailed info
AGENDA: Saturday, February 15, 2020
10:00am to 10:30am - A demonstration of brainstorming techniques from Summit Leader Scott Guy
10:30am to 11:00am - Introductions from all participants
11:00am to 12:00pm - Group brainstorming session led by Scott Guy
12:00pm to 1:30pm - Break-out groups
1:30pm to 2:00pm - Lunch Break
2:00pm to 3:30pm - Sharing of ideas from group session, with suggestions for honing from Scott Guy
3:30pm to 4:00pm - Set up e-date to take place during the week
AGENDA: Saturday, February 22, 2020
10:00am to 11:00am - Group discussion - what did we learn? How’d the collaboration go?
11:00am to 12:30pm - Sharing of ideas
12:30pm to 1:30pm - Lunch - informal breakout rooms during lunch break
1:30pm to 3:00pm - Formal breakout rooms
3:00pm to 4:00pm - Sharing of ideas; set up of additional post-summit e-dates
The Summit will take place via VIDEO CONFERENCE - using the ZOOM platform. All you need to take part is a computer with a webcam (and microphone) and access to the internet.
You will simply go to www.Zoom.us and click JOIN MEETING. (If you have never used Zoom before, you will be prompted to download their FREE launcher). You can experiment with this ahead of time and let us know if you have any questions.
Prior to the beginning of the Summit you will receive your Zoom Meeting ID number.
Can’t attend, and want to be notified about any post-summit summaries?
Want to be notified about our next summit or conference?
Send us an email using the form below.
REGISTER for the ONLINE CREATIVE SUMMIT below.
Deadline to register: February 5
In order to view the Conference Registration form, you must be a registered user of the NMI website.
If you are already a registered user, please login below.
Not a user yet? No worries! You can REGISTER FOR FREE!