our CRESCENDO campaign"New Musicals Inc. -- you guys are GREAT! How come I've never heard of you?"
a 3-year vision for NMI to get louder
We’ve been L.A.’s best-kept secret for decades, and yet we’ve worked with many of Broadway’s finest. Well, we’re turning up the volume. We want our humble organization to make noise. We’re launching an ambitious $120,000 campaign to:
- finish renovations of our Main Hall
- become a broadcaster of internet musicals
- produce musicals on a national scale
- market 20 of the musicals we’ve developed in the past few seasons
- expand our writers’ workshop (streamcasting; global outreach)
Will you help us? Make a musical; make a difference.
Our $120,000 campaign
We’re thinking there are a lot of you who can help us as we launch a three-year $120,000 campaign to renovate our Main Hall; to upgrade our streamcasting and live-broadcasting of workshops, concerts and presentations, and to produce new musicals in the Fringe Festival and beyond. In July 2017, we streamcast our entire 51-hour-long Stages Musical Theatre Festival, and saw the amazing possibilities! But we need better sound, lighting, overhead microphones and a few more cameras.
Our next three goals:
- Renovate our Main Hall ($20,000)
- Produce multiple musicals at 2018 Hollywood Fringe Festival ($28,000)
- Shoot a musical webseries (summer) ($25,000)
imagine NMI before the campaign….and after….
If you’re like us, you’re tapped out.
Hurricanes, wildfires, Hamilton tickets. There’s not much left over at the end of the month…and yet…you still want to support writers and creators of new musicals.
You can become a Friend of New Musicals for $5 a month.
You could do that, couldn’t you? $5 for the month of December.
As a Friend of New Musicals, you would:
- help us with our three-year $120,000 renovation campaign
- receive a quarterly members-only Musical Theatre Insiders e‑newsletter
- subsidize a portion of our programs to study, create and produce new musicals
- get special treatment for our events and concerts
- get your name listed on our website and in our programs
- be filled with pride you’re helping to preserve America’s unique artform: the musical
- receive a receipt for your 100% tax deductible donation to our 501(c)3 number (FEIN 01-0745909)
We know you’ve been giving, and giving, and giving to a world which needs you. We know this isn’t the right time to ask for $1000 donations…but can you become a Friend of New Musicals for $5 a month?
If you wish to make a donation of a different amount; or a single (non-recurring) donation; or if you do not have a PayPal account, you can visit our DONATION page for more options.
NMI is a registered charitable organization (FEIN #01-0745909). Your donation, whether recurring or one-time, will be 100% tax deductible.