WEEKLY EMAIL Admin Page
MAIL CHIMP INSTRUCTIONS
Use the link above to generate the View of the Weekly Email, and then use REVEAL SOURCE to copy the code and put it in your clipboard (starting with START and ending with END).
Then, use the link below to go to Mail Chimp where you will need to do the following:
- Login to MailChimp (userame email@example.com password 2Broadway! )
- Click on CAMPAIGNS
- On right right, click the CREATE CAMPAIGN button
- Click SELECT next to Regular Campaign
- Under Lists, choose NMI NEWS
- Tick the radio button to choose “Send to a group or new segment”
- Click the drop down arrow next to “Date Added” and change it to say “Groups/Member Lists”; then choose “Weekly Email”
- Click ADD and repeat step #7 with the new option, this time chosing “Board of Directors”
- Click “Refresh count” if you want to make sure you choose the right segment
- On the WAAAAAY lower RIGHT, click the NEXT link
- Fill in the name of the email; and the subject line
- Tick the box next to “Personalize the ‘To’ field”
- click NEXT again
- Under Templates, choose “Code Your Own”
- Then click SELECT new to PASTE IN CODE”
- On the right-hand side - PASTE the saved weekly text and click SAVE
- Scroll to the top of the code, and add the correct date for the week (NOTE: you cannot edit this in the VIEW on the left - only in the code on the right)
- SAVE your changes.
- On the top right menu bar - choose PREWVIEW & TEST if you want to send a test of the email to check it out.
- When you are satisifed with the email, click NEXT.If there are no alerts on the next page (for example, we might be over our “send” quota and need to wait a few hours to send) then you can click the SEND or SCHEDULE link and follow the prompts.
EDIT WEEKLY EMAIL ENTRIES
Below is a list of all current Weekly Email Items. Click on the EDIT WEEKLY EMAIL ITEM link to edit the details for the item.