Deadline: December 1, 2021
Award(s) Offered: Cash
Special Interests: student
Accepts Submissions of: Musicals /
The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival brings the Musical Theatre Award to faculty and college and university students. The composer, lyricist, librettist, and producing institution of the winning musical will receive the following:
* $1000 for music
* $1000 for lyrics
* $1000 for book
* $1000 to the college or university producing the musical
1. The musical must be entered in the KCACTF Michael Kanin Playwriting Awards Program. A completed registration form must be made showing that the production fulfills all conditions.
2. The musical must be original and copyrighted. A professional-quality cassette recording of the score must accompany all entries.
3. The writing team (composer, lyricist, librettist) may be faculty and/or students; the students must fulfill the eligibility requirements as set forth in rule 5 for the Michael Kanin Playwriting Awards Program.
4. The play must be produced by a college or university or publicly presented in a “rehearsed” or “staged reading” format following a significant development process. The play must be entered, as an Associate or Participating entry, in the KCACTF. It must comply with the guidelines for scripts entered in the KCACTF Michael Kanin Playwriting Program.
CONTACT NAME: Susan Shaffer
The KCACTF Musical Theater Award
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Washington, DC 20566-0001
BACK TO LISTINGS