Deadline: January 6, 2022
Award(s) Offered: Residency
Special Interests: directors, female, playwrights, producers, women
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020-2022 LAB ARE NOW CLOSED.
Wp Theater Is Looking For Early Career Women+ Playwrights, Directors, And Producers Who Crave An Artistic Home, Professional Support, And The Resources To Launch Them Into The Next Phase Of Their Careers To Join The Wp Lab.
The Lab provides up to fifteen artists with community, a vital professional network, entrepreneurial and leadership training, free rehearsal space and, most significantly, tangible opportunities for the development and production of bold new work for the stage.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Must be a female-identified or trans artist living within 90 minutes of WP Theater via car or rail
- Must be able to attend evening meetings at WP Theater twice each month for the duration of the two years, as well as other events throughout the year, such as master classes, retreats, observerships and other special events at WP
- Regular attendance is mandatory and therefore applicants should view the program as a two-year-long commitment
- Must be available for an in-person interview
THE PARTICIPATING ARTISTS WILL:
- Receive a stipend
- Participate in a monthly lab meeting led by WP Artistic Staff and Lab Liaisons
- Participate in a bimonthly meeting of the five artists in their concentration led by a mentor in their field
- Participate in master classes led by established artists
- Receive complimentary tickets to WP shows, invited dress rehearsals and other special events
- Receive artistic support and professional development guidance from the artistic staff
- Participate in The Pipeline Festival, a festival of five new plays, written, directed and produced by the WP Lab, to be presented during the second year
Comments from NMI Staff:
2-year program for playwrights, directors and producers. Each Lab has 10 members who collaborate with guest artists, WP staff, industry professionals and other Lab participants. Opens every two years, they meet monthly/bimonthly.
Sorry, We are no longer accepting applications to the 2020-2022 Lab.
CONTACT NAME: Megan Carter
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT PHONE: 212-765-1706
Women’s Project Playwrights Lab
55 West End Ave.
250 Greenwich Street
New York, New York 10023
BACK TO LISTINGS