So Proudly We Hailed
a musical webseries honoring veterans in their own words
Call for Submissions
We are looking for:
- Veterans with compelling personal stories to tell. This will be a devised writing process, so no pressure. If you can tell it, we can write it.
- Scriptwriters/lyricists to adapt the stories into musical episodes.
- Composers to create songs and tracks for the episodes.
Twelve finalists will be announced. Four to six honorees’ stories will be workshopped and filmed as musical video shorts. Each honoree will receive $1,000.
Each composer/lyricist/book writer will receive a one time royalty of $250. Composers will receive a 1 time arranging fee of $150. Copyright will remain with the authors; you will own your work.
Each story will be no more than 10 minutes long. These will be filmed as singular, one person, pieces.
We will register the piece through the Screen Actors Guild New Media Agreement. New Musicals Inc. will develop and produce each episode.
What to submit
Composers/lyricists/bookwriters, please submit:
- Brief bio (50-100 words)
- Links to at least two samples of your writing
- Vision statement (100-300 words): Tell us why this project appeals to you. Do you have a history or affinity with veterans? What’s your background in writing internet scripts/songs?
- We will ask composers about their ability to create a track for the episode (optional).
Veterans, please submit:
- Brief description of your story (100-200 words). This can be fairly casual prose…a synopsis or an outline would work. You can be from any section of the armed forces, in any nation.
- A video or audio telling of the story. Don’t worry about the quality of recording. A phone is fine.
- Brief biography of your personal history (100-200 words).
- Vision statement. (100-200 words) Why do you want to tell this story? Who should hear your story?
- We’ll also ask you whether you would like us to consider you to be your own script writer or composer.
Submissions will be accepted from June 1 through August 1, 2020
Send an email to email@example.com if you would like a reminder.