a welcome from the Board of Directors
Welcome from John Mitchell, President of the Board
First of all: thank you. You’re visiting this page because you’ve already expressed some interest in helping out the Board of Directors at New Musicals Inc. On this page you’ll find information about:
- Upcoming Events
- Upcoming Board Meetings
- Ways You Might Help
- History of the Organization
- Musicals We’ve Developed
- By-laws and other legal stuff
- Board and staff bio
- Board Commitment Letter
- Links to website highlights
At New Musicals Inc, we develop new musicals.
Composers, lyricists, playwrights, collaborating on brand new songs and stories from page to stage; and experimenting with new musical theatre on the internet. We develop over 40 musicals every season in Los Angeles, and for producers all across the country.
Join us. New Musicals Inc. The future of musical theatre.
UPCOMING BOARD MEETINGS
|BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE|
Ways You Might Help
- The MOST help would be to come to a Board meeting, even if you don’t think you’d like any further commitment. We’re evaluating the role and size of the Board, and we could use your outside opinions.
- The NEXT most help: bring along a colleague with you to the Board meetings.
- Other areas of help: recommend some folks we might call and introduce ourselves. Potential audience members, or writers, or volunteers, or Board members.
- Help find some items for our annual online auction: This would involve finding items for the auction, and the helping to spread the word. In the past, we’ve had good success getting theatre tickets and dinner certificates; but we could use help finding more, as well as getting certificates and services from retailers in the Southland, and online companies. Books, electronics, gizmos, travel certificates, clothes, one-of-a-kinds, services, or whatever else you can dream up.
Musicals We’ve Developed
(and other artistic achievements)
Musicals We've Developed
Highlights from our website
Board and staff bios
History and Financials
Here’s an introduction to New Musicals Inc., including a brief history and an overview of its finances and a description about how we go about developing new musicals.
Recent Financial Statements
Executive Director Report — includes overview, cashflow, Actual v Expenses, and Balance Sheet. These reports are issued typically six times a year.
Executive Summary July 2020: Executive Summary July 2020
Executive Summary May 2020: Executive Summary May 2020
Executive Summary March 2020: Executive Summary March 2020
Executive Summary January 2020:: Executive Summary January 2020
Preliminary budget 2020-2021: NMI budget preliminary overview for 2020-21
Updated in October 2014.